The Art of Riding
In this new edition, French riding master Philippe Karl writes about training horses from a very personal perspective.
The Art of Riding documents the training and development of the Lusitano stallion ‘Odin’ according to traditional French classical principles, from young horse all the way up to High School.
The book covers:
- The requirements of balance: collection and conformation
- The philosophy of Academic Equitation: the language of the aids – seat, hands, legs
- Exercises for lateral flexibility: work on one and two tracks
- Work at the canter: counter-canter, flying lead changes, tempi changes
- Collection: piaffe, passage, pesade
- Canter pirouettes: preparation and development
Hardcover with jacket, 160 pages