Garden on top
Garden design on the top level
Roof gardens represent the “highest level” of garden design. They are lofty lifestyle oases - modern, rural, romantic or classic - that show nature and architecture in perfect harmony.
In this book, renowned architects and garden designers present exclusive roof garden ideas with contemporary materials, trendy furniture, tried and tested plants and modern light installations, from four continents. Architect Friedensreich Hundertwasser’s theory that “anything that is horizontal under the open sky belongs to nature. Roads and roofs should be tree-covered...” is put into practice in a contemporary way.
From the contents
• Intensive or extensive - what roof gardens “give” us
• Secret gardens - very private lifestyle oases
• Public places - roof gardens for all
• The challenge - sun, rain, storms and no ground beneath the roots
• Rising to the challenge - tried and tested specimens from the plant world
• Looking forward - the future of “green roofs”
About the author
Engineer Barbara P. Meister, MA, is a trained garden and landscape designer, qualified teacher and communications manager. She takes care of publications about all things green as a specialist editor.
Hardcover – 160 pages – 240 x 270 mm – colour photographs