Trick Training for Cats
A book for anybody who wants to nurture their cat’s talents and relieve their tame tiger's boredom
Cats are clever animals and are often hopelessly under-stimulated in the daily grind of indoor life. This book shows cat owners how to nurture their cat both in body and mind and how to teach them a variety of different tricks and exercises using clicker training in a cat-friendly way. Great fun for owner and cat!
From the contents
• Planning and preparing training
• Three paths to the perfect trick: Shaping, luring, capturing
• The path to the first tricks
• Easy tricks: Begging, jumping over an obstacle, rolling over, washing
• Possible difficulties and solutions
• Trick training with more than one cat
About the author
Christine Hauschild is an animal psychologist from Hamburg. She founded her “Happy Miez” (Happy Kitty) mobile cat school to help cat owners with questions about keeping and entertaining cats the right way and to help with problem behaviour. She holds various seminars all about cats, as well as clicker seminars.
Softcover, 96 pages